- 3 larger raw beets
- juice of 2 lemons or juice of a large juicy orange
- a large spoonful of honey
- spoon of mustard
- a little olive oil for cooking
- First prepare a soup by squeezing the juice of a lemon or an orange. Add honey, mustard and mix well.
- Peel a squash, grate it and cut it into slices. Shake them in a pan, add and start frying, then add a little oil after a minute and fry for a maximum more minute, just enough to warm the beets, get the taste, crisp, but not soften. Since there are a lot of beet sticks, it may be best to roast in two parts.
- Once we have roasted all the beets, set aside, pour over the soup, stir vigorously and immediately transfer to a salad bowl.
- Serve the salad warm, as an accompaniment to quinoa cooked with frozen vegetables in a minestrone sachet.
Tip: If you are not very good at preparing the classic oxidized beetroot and, like me, you prefer to buy it by the glass in the store, then you will be surprised by the incredibly harmonious taste of this salad. In my opinion, finally the right way to typically consume winter vegetables in a home cooking salad, where most of the beneficial nutrients are retained. I recommend.
Variation: You can also prepare the salad completely fresh, by mixing the raw beetroot sticks with the soup and serving. Such a really crunchy salad is where the teeth have a lot of work to do.