When you have a good lunch with all the important nutritional groups (protein, carbohydrates, vegetables) that will satisfy, nourish and fill you, prepare this dish. It is an excellent vegetarian lunch that does not contain the usual vegetable proteins (chickpeas, common beans, lentils).
This plate consists of the best delicacies:
• BAKED FETA: Although feta was the subject of attention in the preparation of cherry tomatoes and pasta a few years ago, which is actually very good, feta rolled in cornstarch or density and fried in a pan with a little oil, then sprinkled with thyme honey and excellent pepper.
• HONEY SAUCE: To make the feta even more delicious, sprinkle it with honey after serving, mix in some fresh or dried thyme and add a little pepper. You don’t need a lot, just a few larger drops. It’s so good !
• ROASTED BEANS: Although usually the best fresh garlic, it is best to powder the garlic when cooking this bean (and other roasted vegetables) as it is more evenly distributed and tastes better.
• BULGAR: Bulgur is one of the healthiest and most nutritious carbohydrates. It’s made from wheat, but since it’s minimally processed, it retains a lot of nutrients. It is also rich in minerals and vitamins. You can also use couscous or mashed potatoes.
• PRESERVED CHEESE: The creamy and refreshing preserved curd also makes this dish divine. It is extremely easy to prepare. Put the cottage cheese in a blender, add a little lemon juice and garlic powder and mix. The curd is a bit grainy at first, but after a few minutes of stirring it turns into a silky curd, wonderfully flavored and super refreshing to the other ingredients in the dish. You can also use ricotta or feta, or soft goat cheese. If you prefer something non-dairy, use hummus, which also provides a wonderful refreshment.
This dish is by no means a classic. But think! Why, why would we eat the same thing all the time and only what is familiar to us? With all the problems in life that you can’t escape, isn’t it great to be able to influence what you eat and how?! The good news is that easy-to-access and well-known ingredients are used to prepare this dish. What’s not worth trying?
As it is prepared in about half an hour, there is no need to prepare the dish in advance, and everything is better prepared fresh.
First, some ideas for using green beans:
• Excellent rice with vegetables
• Vegetable potato goulash with green beans and mushrooms
• Potato salad with green beans, cucumber and egg
• Salad of brown rice, green beans and pickled onions
• Barley salad with green beans and arugula
Find even more great and healthy recipes at http://www.sitfit.si/!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 people):
Ingredients for the roasted green beans:
250g green green beans
4 tablespoons (olive) oil
1 teaspoon ground garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground onion
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for the bulgur:
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Ingredients for the baked feta and honey sauce:
200g oz. 1 packet of feta
2 tablespoons cornstarch or. density
2 tablespoons of honey
2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
a pinch of pepper
Ingredients for preserved cottage cheese:
150g cottage cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
Shake green beans in a bowl, pour oil over them, sprinkle with chopped garlic, onion, salt and pepper and mix everything. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for about 25 minutes at 190°C, stirring once in between.
Shake the bulgur into boiling salted water and cook according to package directions.
Add pepper and thyme to the honey to make it runny and stir.
Carefully remove the wrapper from the feta so it doesn’t break. It is best to cut both edges of the wrapper and one lengthwise edge with scissors, then peel it off. The feta is then carefully cut into four pieces. Then carefully roll each individual piece in the broth. Pour 4 tablespoons of oil into the pan and place the feta on the heater. Leave the feta alone for at least 3 minutes to form a crust. Then, gently flip the feta and cook it on the other side.
While the feta is baking, transfer the cottage cheese to a blender, add the lemon juice and garlic, and blend into the silky sauce.
When all the ingredients are ready, first spread two tablespoons of preserved cottage cheese on a plate, add the bulgur, roasted green beans and feta. Drizzle the feta with the honey sauce and serve immediately.