Use a combination of fruits, vegetables, carbs, and protein to make this summer salad. Let’s see:
Fruit: mango and avocado
Vegetables: arugula and cherry tomatoes
Carbohydrates: orzo (rice-like pasta), but you can also use any other pasta or just rice, quinoa or couscous
Protein: goat cheese and shrimp
The highlight of this salad is the fragrant creamy topping, prepared with olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime juice, parsley, dried basil and oregano, salt and pepper.
Check out other cute summer salads that should be on your plate this summer:
• Salad of brown rice, green beans and pickled onions
• Spring-Summer salad with corn, mozzarella and basil garnish
• Potato salad with green beans and cucumber
• Summer salad with arugula, chicken, cherries and fruit
• Tuscan salad with crispy croutons, arugula and cherries
A few more words about shrimp. Shrimp are absolutely easy to prepare and only take a few minutes to prepare. You can buy already cooked (pink) or raw (grey). In both cases, they can be frozen or fresh. If they are frozen, thaw them both by immersing them in cold water for a few minutes, then simply removing them from the water. Most likely, the frozen outer portion will be removed when thawing. Fees will likely be cleared as well, so don’t worry and keep preparing.
Melt ghee (or butter) or oil in a frying pan, place the prawns on it, salt and pepper them and fry them on both sides. Add chopped garlic and a little fresh parsley.
Enjoy your lunch!
Find even more great and healthy recipes at http://www.sitfit.si/!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 people)
Ingredients for the lime glaze:
• 1 dcl of oil
• 0.5 dcl of water
• 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
• 1 lime juice
• 1 teaspoon of dried basil
• 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
• 1/4 teaspoon ground garlic
• 1 bunch of fresh parsley
• salt and pepper to taste
• 2 handfuls of arugula (or spinach or other salad)
• 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
• 1 mango
• 1 avocado
• 1 piece of goat cheese (or feta or mozzarella) 1 cup of cooked organic (or any other pasta or rice, couscous or quinoa)
• 150g prawns
• ghee (butter or oil)
• Fresh parsley
Mix all the filling ingredients into the cream filling. Try adding what isn’t enough – a little more vinegar, water or salt/pepper.
Cook the orzo (or any other pasta, rice, quinoa, or couscous) in salted boiling water according to package directions.
Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, cut the mango into cubes, the cheese too, and chop the arugula a little. Also cut the avocado into cubes.
Melt some ghee, butter and oil in a frying pan, then place the prawns in it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and fry on both sides.
Put all the ingredients in a large bowl, pour over the filling and mix gently.
Serve the salad on a plate, place the prawns on top, sprinkle with a little topping and serve immediately.