Salads can be on the menu all year round. To prepare a salad, of course, always adjust seasonal ingredients, but never forget the wonderful toppings that are actually what make a salad. Check out an interesting blog post on salad dressings.
This salad consists of:
• Lettuce: motovilec and red chicory are wonderful winter salads
• even more vegetables: in a frying pan (yes, you can fry broccoli without an oven!) Roasted broccoli is fantastic, and sun-dried tomatoes are also excellent.
• fruit: a peeled and sliced orange is added
• proteins: the salad is enriched with hard-boiled (or soft-boiled) egg and thin slices of cheese
• marvelous filling: this time the filling with whole mustard (you can also use plain mustard) plays a binding role
All the wonderful ingredients are accompanied by homemade bread croutons, which are the part of the salad that satisfies the stomach.
Check out ideas for even more winter (or winter-friendly) salads:
• Pumpkin and candied walnut salad
• Quinoa salad with baked sweet potatoes
• Cauliflower salad with honey-mustard topping and Carniolan sausage
• Crispy Brussels Sprouts and Prosciutto Salad with Citrus Garnish
• Chicory and arugula in a salad with roasted prosciutto and croutons
But before watching the salad preparation video recipe, here is some additional information about the colorful salad:
• The topping can also be prepared in advance and, if desired, without balsamic vinegar.
• Bread cubes and eggs can also be hot when served, so this salad is tasty even on the coldest days.
• Boil the eggs slightly acidified (with a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar) to make them easier to peel.
• You can gently peel the orange with a knife and then cut it into rolls.
• You can also replace the broccoli with cauliflower or chickpeas.
• You can use any bread for croutons, even a few days old.
• You can also take a salad with you, just keep the garnish aside.
Now take a look at the video of the preparation of this wonderful colorful salad.
Good race !
Find even more great and healthy recipes at http://www.sitfit.si/!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 people)
2 reel fists
1 handful of chicory
½ heads of broccoli
4 pieces of sun-dried tomatoes
lemon and orange
mustard (whole grain)
Prepare a vinaigrette with 6 tablespoons of oil, the juice of half a lemon, a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and salt and a fork.
Fry the diced buns in oil, add a little more salt and pepper. Fry the broccoli florets in oil and add a little salt and pepper. Cut the tomatoes into rings, peel the orange and cut it into rolls.
Boil hard-boiled (or softer) eggs. In a lightly topping salad bowl, pour the motovilec, chicory, roasted broccoli and tomatoes.
Serve the salad, garnish with bread cubes, egg, orange and cheese and sprinkle with a little garnish. Serve immediately.