- 200 g of frigole (pasta in the form of Sardinian balls)
- salt, pepper, a small stalk of celery
- 1 red pepper and one yellow
- 2 cucumbers and a young onion
- 4 asparagus
- half an avocado, an apple, a pear
- after a handful of fresh mint and parsley
- 60 ml olive oil and a little more
- lemon juice
- Cook the pasta al dente in a pot of boiling salted water. Drain, cover with olive oil and let cool completely.
- While cooling, clean all the vegetables and carefully cut them into pieces the same size or slightly larger than the size of the selected pasta. Finely chop the herbs.
- Shake all the sliced vegetables in a salad bowl, add the cold pasta, herbs and pour over the olive oil and lemon juice. Salt and pepper.
- Mix everything well and serve as a refreshing salad after a grilled cheese asparagus soup.
Tip: In the salad, use only asparagus heads that are still fresh and crispy. The lower parts harden within a few days of picking and are therefore more elegant to use in soup. Peel or grate them and cook the core. However, from the fully wooded ends, you can cook the vegetable soup base by pressing the cooked bits through a colander.
Note: Fregola is not available in all grocery stores. If it is not in your favorite store, choose rice noodles for this salad, which you will cook otherwise in soup, or small noodles (large slices – ditalini, mini snails piccolini, etc.)