Baked potatoes are always a real hit, but this time we’re going to make them a little different than what we’re used to. We are going to enrich it with an excellent garnish of cream, garlic and parmesan and gratinate everything.
This time we found the recipe on the Miss7 portal, but it was designed by one of the most famous chefs. Jamie Olivier. The latter promises that such potatoes will impress everyone at the table, and the beauty of this dish is that we can arrange it a little on our own. You can add bacon cubes to the filling, and you can even enhance it with a handful of chestnuts or walnuts if you have them on hand.
The recipe is one of the most traditional French ones, and mushrooms, minced leeks or other vegetables are often added to make it even richer.
- 2.5 kg peeled potatoes, cut into rounds
- 1 piece of butter
- 200ml milk
- 300 ml of sweet cream
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- a handful of fresh thyme
- a handful of grated parmesan
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius in the normal program (top and bottom heating without ventilation). Coat the baking sheet with butter.
2. Pour the milk into the pan, add the cream, bay leaf and garlic and cook for two minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and add the potatoes and thyme. Stir to keep all the potatoes under the surface.
4. Then shake the contents of the pan into a buttered mold, sprinkle with parmesan and put everything in the oven for 45 minutes.
Read more: Scrambled eggs: a simple idea for a whole new taste
Photo: /Getty Images